1. Jagdish said, “We passed by a beautiful lake when we went on a trip to Goa.”
A. Jagdish said that they had passed by a beautiful lake when they had gone on a trip to Goa
B. Jagdish said they passed by a beautiful lake when they went on a trip to Goa
2. Rajesh said, "I bought a car yesterday."
A. Rajesh said that I have bought a car the previous day.
B. Rajesh told that he had bought a car yesterday.
C. Rajesh said that he had bought a car the previous day.
D. Rajesh said that he bought a car the previous day.
3. He said to me, "Where is the post office?"
A. He wanted to know where the post office was.
B. He asked me that where the post office was.
C. He asked me where the post office was.
4. "If you don't keep quiet I shall shoot you", he said to her in a calm voice.
A. He warned her to shoot if she didn't keep quiet calmly.
B. He said calmly that I shall shoot you if you don't be quiet
C. He warned her calmly that he would shoot her if she didn't keep quiet
5. She said, "What a pity you did not attend !"
Ans: She remarked that it was a pity I had not attended.
6. I shall tell him, "I am looking for my report card."
Ans: I shall tell him that I am looking for my report card.
7. The Captain said to his men, "Stand at ease."
A. The Captain urged his men to stand at ease.
B. The Captain wanted his men to stand at ease.
C. The Captain told his men that they should stand at ease.
D. The Captain commanded his men to stand at ease.
8. He exclaimed with joy that their team had won the tournament.
A. He exclaimed, Hurrah ! Our team has won the tournament !
B. He said, Our team has won the tournament.
9. "Please don't go away", she said.
A.She said to please her and not go away.
B. She told me not to go away
C. She begged that I not go away
D. She begged me not to go away.
10. Pinki said to Gaurav, "Will you help me in my work just now?"
A. Pinki asked Gaurav if he would help her in her work just then
B. Pinki questioned to Gaurav that will you help me in my work just now
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.