1. For safety, the fuse wire used in the mains for household supply of electricity must be made of metal having........
a. low melting point
b. high resistance
2. Antonym for CELIBATE
a. chaste
b. unchaste
3. Synonym for OUTLANDISH
a. common
b. rude
4. Fill in the blank:
………………and my younger brother went to the movies all by ourselves.
a. I
b. Mine
5. Antonym for DILIGENT
a. inactive
b. busy
6.Mercury thermometer was invented by
a. Galileo
b. Fahrenheit
7. How many official languages does the UNO have?
Ans: There are six official languages of the UN. These are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
8. Fill in the blanks:
The reclusive boy was thought to be less than clever, but at sixteen he wrote a complex and beautiful symphony that at long last revealed him to be _________ .
a. dim
b. musical
c.monastic
d. exceptional
9. Who said the words, 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to Death your right to say it'?
a. George Bernard Shaw
b. Lenin
c. Voltaire
10. According to Hindu belief, an ancient goddess laid the egg that hatched Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu. Name the goddess.
Ans: Ammavaru
2. Antonym for CELIBATE
a. chaste
b. unchaste
3. Synonym for OUTLANDISH
a. common
b. rude
4. Fill in the blank:
………………and my younger brother went to the movies all by ourselves.
a. I
b. Mine
5. Antonym for DILIGENT
a. inactive
b. busy
6.Mercury thermometer was invented by
a. Galileo
b. Fahrenheit
7. How many official languages does the UNO have?
Ans: There are six official languages of the UN. These are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
8. Fill in the blanks:
The reclusive boy was thought to be less than clever, but at sixteen he wrote a complex and beautiful symphony that at long last revealed him to be _________ .
a. dim
b. musical
c.monastic
d. exceptional
9. Who said the words, 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to Death your right to say it'?
a. George Bernard Shaw
b. Lenin
c. Voltaire
10. According to Hindu belief, an ancient goddess laid the egg that hatched Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu. Name the goddess.
Ans: Ammavaru
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.