1. Change into indirect speech,"Please don't go away", she said.
A. She said to please her and not go away.
B. She told me not to go away.
C. She begged that I not go away.
D. She begged me not to go away
2. Statements: The old order changed yielding place to new.
Conclusions:
I. Change is the law of nature.
II. Discard old ideas because they are old.
A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
3. Statements: Population increase coupled with depleting resources is going to be the scenario of many developing countries in days to come.
Conclusions:
I. The population of developing countries will not continue to increase in future.
II. It will be very difficult for the governments of developing countries to provide its people decent quality of life.
A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
4. Statement: Cases of bride-burning for dowry are not uncommon.
Conclusion
I. In spite of anti-dowry law, the ill practice still continues.
II. The punishment inflicted on the party concerned is not hard enough.
A. only Conclusion I follows
B. only Conclusion II follows
C. either Conclusion I or II follows
D. both Conclusions I and II follow
5. Statements : The Government of country X has recently announced several concessions and offered attractive package tours for foreign visitors.
Conclusions :
I. Now, more number of foreign tourists will visit the country.
II. The Government of country X seems to be serious in attracting tourists.
A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow
6. Statement: Majority of the students in many schools do not pass in the final examination.
Conclusion:
I. These schools should be closed down as these have become unproductive.
II. The teachers of these schools should immediately be retrenched.
A.Only I follows
B.Only II follows
C.Either I or II follows
D.Neither I nor II follows
7.The five intertwined rings or circles on the Olympic Flag made of white silk are
A. from right to left blue, yellow, black, green and red respectively
B. from left to right blue, yellow, black, green and red respectively
8. The largest natural freshwater lake in India
Ans: Wular Lake
9. Fill in the blank: The accident resulted ____the death of four people.
Ans: to
10. He was angry with me (A) / because he thought my (B) / remark was (C) / aimed before him. (D) / No error
A. He was angry with me
B. because he thought my
C. remark was
D. aimed before him
2. Statements: The old order changed yielding place to new.
Conclusions:
I. Change is the law of nature.
II. Discard old ideas because they are old.
A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
3. Statements: Population increase coupled with depleting resources is going to be the scenario of many developing countries in days to come.
Conclusions:
I. The population of developing countries will not continue to increase in future.
II. It will be very difficult for the governments of developing countries to provide its people decent quality of life.
A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
4. Statement: Cases of bride-burning for dowry are not uncommon.
Conclusion
I. In spite of anti-dowry law, the ill practice still continues.
II. The punishment inflicted on the party concerned is not hard enough.
A. only Conclusion I follows
B. only Conclusion II follows
C. either Conclusion I or II follows
D. both Conclusions I and II follow
5. Statements : The Government of country X has recently announced several concessions and offered attractive package tours for foreign visitors.
Conclusions :
I. Now, more number of foreign tourists will visit the country.
II. The Government of country X seems to be serious in attracting tourists.
A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow
6. Statement: Majority of the students in many schools do not pass in the final examination.
Conclusion:
I. These schools should be closed down as these have become unproductive.
II. The teachers of these schools should immediately be retrenched.
A.Only I follows
B.Only II follows
C.Either I or II follows
D.Neither I nor II follows
7.The five intertwined rings or circles on the Olympic Flag made of white silk are
A. from right to left blue, yellow, black, green and red respectively
B. from left to right blue, yellow, black, green and red respectively
8. The largest natural freshwater lake in India
Ans: Wular Lake
9. Fill in the blank: The accident resulted ____the death of four people.
Ans: to
10. He was angry with me (A) / because he thought my (B) / remark was (C) / aimed before him. (D) / No error
A. He was angry with me
B. because he thought my
C. remark was
D. aimed before him
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.